The Seeing Eye GPS™ App now available in the iTunes Apple Store!
Purchase The Seeing Eye GPS™ App in iTunes
Read about The Seeing Eye GPS™ version 1.2 updates
The Seeing Eye, the pioneer in guide dogs, and Sendero Group, the pioneer in accessible GPS, have teamed up to create The Seeing Eye GPS™. Almost 20 years of user feedback and feature requests are behind the design of all Sendero GPS products. The accessible features in The Seeing Eye GPS™ are only the beginning of what is yet to come as users help in evolving this first fully accessible GPS product for the iPhone. The Seeing Eye GPS™ is a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS iPhone app with all the normal navigation features plus features unique to blind users.
Unique to The Seeing Eye GPS™
- Instead of multiple layers of menus, the three important navigation elements are on the lower portion of every screen: Route, POIs and Location.
- At intersections, the street name and your direction of travel are announced.
- Intersections are described (e.g. four-way) with the clock face orientation of the streets.
- There are three choices for POI data (Navteq, Foursquare, and OSM).
- Directions are configured appropriately for Pedestrian and Vehicle routes, including heads-up announcements for approaching turns, turn now, continue straight and upcoming turns.
- If one wanders off the route, it's automatically recalculated and updated turn information is announced.
- Point your phone in a given direction to hear what is nearby with the LookAround Wand.
- Nearby Points of interest and intersections are automatically announced.
- Additional Vibrate alerts for .
The Seeing Eye GPS™ Testimonials
The Seeing Eye GPS™ FAQ
Check out the User's Guide for details on all features.
AccessibleWorld Tek Talk Interview: Seeing Eye GPS with Mike May
AppleVis Extra #14: Seeing Eye GPS with Mike May
AppleVis Podcast: Seeing Eye GPS: a Turn-by-Turn GPS application for the iPhone Developed Specifically for the Blind
Blind Geek Zone Podcast: Seeing Eye GPS
Tech Doctor Podcast: Seeing Eye GPS
Hear Mike May's Showing the Seeing Eye GPS Presentation from the 2013 CSUN conference.